The Engagement Story

Okay so I know a while back I promised that I would retell my engagement story, 
so here it goes! 
He took me up to Mesa Falls. 
I did not want to go up to Mesa Falls that weekend because I was in one of my moods, but whatever. 
So he takes me up there with a few of his friends and roommates,
who we lost after about a half hour. 
So there we were, 
sitting at the lower falls, 
my cute boy and I, 
when we are waiting for his roommates to come back. 
Everything was exactly perfectly right. 
We were alone, 
overlooking the beautiful lower falls, 
talking about how we were planning on getting married.
He then reminds me that I still have to wait a bit for him to propose... 
HE WAS TOTALLY MESSING WITH MY MIND! 
I kept thinking, "well what if he's saying that because he's going to propose soon and doesn't want me to suspect, or maybe he's serious.. I hope he's not serious!" 
It was seriously a total mind teaser. 
Very obnoxious. 
Anyways, 
so after searching for about an hour an a half or so for the roommates, 
we finally discover them on the trail back towards the upper falls with a couple of sodas in their hands. 
So now we were off to the upper falls. 
I'm a bit annoyed and bummed out thinking 
"Man, this kid is going to be the biggest idiot ever if he doesn't propose here. It's PERFECT!" 
So we go up to look at the upper falls.
Just him and I. 
As we're looking out at the falls,
he has his arms wrapped around me. 
He whispers to me 
"I wrote a poem for you" 
My mind goes from 
"mmmm he smells good" 
to 
"HOLY CRAP THIS IS IT!"
I started smiling instantly as he read this poem to me as I looked out at the falls. 
He then gets down on one knee while reading the poem,
 and continues with the poem by saying, 
"Will you marry me?"
Holding the ring. 
The exact ring that I wanted. 
He was sneaky and got it for me when I wasn't looking. 
I just love that boy of mine. 
So instantly I say yes
and then proceed to kiss him like crazy. 
As ya do... 
...
Anyways... 
I just love that sweet boy of mine! 
He's pretty adorable. 
:) 

Comments

Popular Posts